Typical partition table for Debian?

I'm having installation issues on a new box, and i'm second-guessing myself a little bit, so here goes:

What's a "typical" partition table look like for a Debian box?

I thought that the minimum would be:

/boot   around 100-200 mb
swap    around 1-2x RAM (in this case, 2 gig)
/	everything else...

I know you can do separate partitions for /var or /home or whatever, depending on your application needs, but am I correct in that the above is the MINIMUM and LEAST COMPLEX parition scheme?

The problem that I'm trying to track down is with the Beta 4 Debian Installer and it appears that it DOESN'T create the /boot partition when you let it partition automatically.....

Instead, it creates just:

swap    around 1-2x RAM (in this case, 2 gig)
/	everything else...

Notice no /boot partition at all.... so where would Grub and the kernel be?

Moe