Re: debian on imac - compiling kernels

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 08:48:16 +1000, Mal Beaton wrote:
> I copied the old 2.4 config to the source of the 2.6.6 and did make
> oldconfig

There have been many changes between 2.4 and 2.6 in how config options are
named, how they depend on eachother, what the defaults are etc. A copied 2.4
config is unlikely to do the right thing with 2.6. Try taking the time to do
a full, proper configuration of 2.6.

HTH,
Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but if they called them "sad meals", kids wouldn't