Re: scsi under sarge

steef van duin wrote:

hi david, down here what I did before, but cdrecord does not react on

dev=1,0,0  (the aopen com4824 is the burner), so it seems i am stuck

any further suggestions?

thanks in advance,

regards,

steef

steef@debian:~$ cdrecord dev=ATAPI -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
     and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
Please send bug reports and support requests to <cdrtools@packages.debian.org>. The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.

scsidev: 'ATAPI'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related libscg interface code is in pre alpha.
Warning: There may be fatal problems.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus0:
cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
       0,0,0     0) 'E-IDE   ' 'CD-ROM 52X/AKH  ' 'A64 ' Removable CD-ROM
       0,1,0     1) *
       0,2,0     2) *
       0,3,0     3) *
       0,4,0     4) *
       0,5,0     5) *
       0,6,0     6) *
       0,7,0     7) *
scsibus1:
       1,0,0   100) 'AOPEN   ' 'COM4824         ' '1.01' Removable CD-ROM
       1,1,0   101) *
       1,2,0   102) *
       1,3,0   103) *
       1,4,0   104) *
       1,5,0   105) *
       1,6,0   106) *
       1,7,0   107) *

Hello Steef,

A couple of things ring bells here, but I haven't really got the experience to actually point and say 'this should be foo, instead of bar.' I get the idea that things maybe haven't been configured to use the ide-scsi driver properly. You might have to check that /etc/modules and your bootloader have been edited appropriately, and this:-

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-cdburn.html

under the heading of 'Linux SCSI emulation adventures' helped me to get set up, and would probably be more help to you than my limited knowledge.
Good luck.
Regards,

David.