Re: scsi under sarge

steef van duin wrote:

Adam Aube wrote:

steef van duin wrote:

how do i get cdrecord to recognize my cd-writer under sarge?

What kernel - 2.4 or 2.6?

cdrecord dev=ATAPI recognizes my cdrom but not the writer.
scsi-emulation and sg are (automatically) installed as modprobe tells
me. guess i must grub tell something. lilo did not cause me this kind of
trouble.

So you're trying to use SCSI emulation.

In LILO, depending on the which IDE device the writer is, it's

append="hd[a-d]=ide-scsi"

Check the man page for grub to see what the equivalent is.

Adam

... i know. did both things allready. under woody a long time with lilo; under sarge i installed yesterday grub-doc but it seems not to work as i want. (allthough i can burn with xcdroast and the new 'star' k3b) however: i like to work from the console with cdparanoia and cdrecord. gonna check my logs now before i ask for further suggestions.

...........it does not seem to be possible to download the man page on grub for unstable (sarge) so i repeat my question:

i want to use scsi-emulation under unstable. sg and scsi emulation modules loaded automatically. i am using kernel 2.4. like to work from the concole, using cdrecord and cdparanoia.

so: please help me out. any further suggestions??

steef