Re: Debian downgrade from unstable to testing

Joseph <linux@sys-concept.com> writes:

> I don't have this manual 5 apt_preferences installed.  When I create
> the preferences file name, I get: E: Invalid record in preferences
> file...

My guess is that you have to create the file /etc/apt/preferences, but
I don't know much about knoppix. Anyway here is a link to a relevant
page in apt-howto.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-default-version

If you get an error named invalid record then you may have made a
typing error in the file.

                                Niels

PS: Most people will prefer if you write your message below the
citations from the parent post.

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/