Re: Debian downgrade from unstable to testing

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:57:00AM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> I did change in source.list unstable to testing: apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade but it didn't do anything.  I still can not
> reinstall the evolution nor samba.
>
> They are experimenting with unstable too much, it is not for me.
Read about pinning man 5 apt_preferences

You need somthing like this (untested) in your /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 1001

Then apt-get update with the right entries in your sources.list and
apt-get dist-upgrade it. Have fun while digging through various problems.

Another way (maybe better) might be just to revert the sources.list to
testing and then stick with it and wait until new packages pop up in
unstable and later in testing. This will take some time to get you back
to testing.

HTH
Sven
--