bookmarks.html

An open letter to Mozilla package maintainers (and a warning to those who
upgrade):

I have a very simple request...

Please, when versions of browsers are upgraded could you PLEASE save my
bookmarks.html file? I just lost ~6 weeks of bookmarks because when I
upgraded mozilla-firebird the packaging system decided to install
mozilla-firefox instead and in the process deleted my history files and
bookmark files.

And in regards to:
~/.mozilla-firebird is empty but cannot be removed for some unknown reason
when the upgrade is made to firefox. /var/lib/mozilla-firebird, however,
is not empty.

thanks,
emma

--