Re: bookmarks.html

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> An open letter to Mozilla package maintainers (and a warning to those
> who upgrade):
>
> I have a very simple request...
>
> Please, when versions of browsers are upgraded could you PLEASE save
> my bookmarks.html file? I just lost ~6 weeks of bookmarks because
> when I upgraded mozilla-firebird the packaging system decided to
> install mozilla-firefox instead and in the process deleted my history
> files and bookmark files.
>
> And in regards to:
> ~/.mozilla-firebird is empty but cannot be removed for some unknown
> reason when the upgrade is made to firefox.
> /var/lib/mozilla-firebird, however, is not empty.
>
> thanks,
> emma

That's one of the reasons i never save my bookmarks in a browser.
I have made php script that manages a few files that act as a db
with my links divided in pages, topics and so on.
It's also easy to transport bookmarks since i only have to copy
the small script & the text files containing the actual links, pages
and categories.
I then set my browser home page to the generated output index.html
file and i have all my links at my disposale.

Regards,
Benedict