Re: ALSA ok, but no sound

Quoting Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>:

> On Saturday 15 May 2004 12:20 pm, Joost De Cock wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, no sound is produced at all. I've double checked that the
> > sound isn't muted (with alsamixer) but it's ok. PLaying a sound doesn't
> > give any errors either.
> >
> > Any idea how I can make sure the thing actually works?
[...]
> Finally, ever since a couple upgrades ago, my mixer has been completely
> fubared.  I have to get PCM audio working by turning up some kind of 3D
> Surround thing, my master volume doesn't work, and I can no longer pick
> which
> channel I want to be the record source.  I don't know if my soundcard is
> failing, or if someone at ALSA is smoking too much weed.  It's a real pain
> in
> the ass.  If something like this is biting you, try turning up every
> obscure,
> bizarre little slider and see if you get noise that way.

Clearly too much weed :) Muting some more obscure sliders did the trick.

thanks man :)

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.