Re: bold and normal fonts appear reversed in openoffice

On Friday 14 May 2004 12:18, H. S. wrote:
[...]>
> Since I posted this, I have confirmed from another person who is
> experiencing this very same problem, on Sid. I haven't received any
> replies to the post above though. Is nobody else experiencing this
> problem (I am surprised), or is nobody using OpenOffice.org?

I use it when nothing else will do (purely a personal dislike of big apps that
take minutes to open).  I've just checked and it works fine on two of my sid
boxes, one with 1.1.1-1 and the other with 1.1.1-2 and both work correctly.

The versions I have differ slightly from yours:

# dpkg -l openoff* | grep ^ii
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-2        high-quality office productivity suite
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-2        OpenOffice.org office suite binary files
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-2+2      Debian specific parts of OpenOffice.org
ii  openoffice.org 1.1+20030814-3 OpenOffice.org office suite help (English)
ii  openoffice.org 20030813-3     English (US) hyphenation pattern for OpenOff
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-2        English (US) language package for openoffice
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-2        OpenOffice.org MIME bindings for KDE

BTW, why "grep '^ii.*'". WHat does the ".*" usefully add?  and the single
quotes?  I expected, and got, the same response with either or both omitted.

HTH
--
richard