Exim4 install problem

  I have, finally, upgraded to exim4 and have run into a problem.
I have checked the archives, back to June of 2003, and seem to be the
only one that has this problem, so it must be my screwup.

  I am on dialup and retrieve mail using Mailfilter/Fetchmail.  Yhe
mail is hung up in the exim4 spool and I am unable to get it forwarded
to my mailboxes.  The errors messages are as follows.

For mail going to me
/usr/bin/procmail <wtopa@localhost> R=userforward T=address_file defer
(13): Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post
/usr/bin/procmail.lock.buddy.mtntop.home.40a4cc88.00000b41 (euid=1000
egid=1000)

for mail going to root (which with exim 3 was forwarded to use boss
via the .forward file in root)
/usr/bin/procmail <root@buddy.mtntop.home> R=userforward
T=address_file defer (-29): User 0 set for address_file transport is
on the fixed_never_users list

As exim4 replaced my old /etc/aliases file, the current one looks like
this:

brittman@capital.net:  wtopa@localhost
postmaster: boss
root: boss

daemon: root
bin: root
<rest are all =root>
mailer-daemon: boss

I have tried both methods of configuration but can't seem to find any
file in /etc/exim4 that I can modify to solve this problem.

Thank God for mutt as I can still get the mail but sure would like to
get the fetchmail part working.

Thanks in advance for any pointers as to what I must have screwed up.

Wayne

--
WINDOWS stands for Will Install Needless Data On Whole System.