Re: Ftp problem

LeVA wrote:

2004. május 14. 17:03 dátummal Akkermans ezt írta:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get acces to my debian system using a ftp program
(which is installed on my Windows XP platform). But I can't get acces
to my Debian system using this ftp program. I keep getting the
following message:"10061 Connection is forcefully rejected". Thereby
I can tell you I am sure that I am typing in the correct ip address
(which is the IP address of my Debian computer) in my ftp program.
Does anyone know what the message means I keep getting and does
anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Akkermans
Do you have the ftp server running on your debian server? :)

Daniel

That's my question also. Unless you _really_ need the insecure ftp, I'd suggest you use sftp instead (part of the ssh package). On the Windows side, you can download free SSH clients that can handle the sftp protocol.

--
Kent