Re: Restoring /etc/inittab

Adam Funk wrote:
On Wednesday 12 May 2004 17:40, Pierg75 wrote:
Somewhere i read that an alias should never be an alias of itself,
something like alias rm='rm -i'
alias ls='ls --color=auto'
alias rm='rm -vi'
alias cp='cp -vi'
alias mv='mv -vi'
alias cal='cal -3m'                              # week starts on Monday

and I'm sure I got this idea from some reputable Unix books.  This way
rm always asks *except* when you use -f.

It works for sure, because somewhere i use it too.
I was meaning about the comcept:
because if you get use of this approach, when you go to work on a machine that doesn't have this alias, immagine what you coul do if you write rm /etc/apache/* because you are sure (or you don't pay attention) that would ask you to confirm. Since i read that article (it was on a magazine), i try to don't use this kind of aliases and to pay more attention on what i'm doing.
;-)

PIer