Re: raid on bootup

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:14:34 +0100
Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a system booting off /dev/hdc.  I've just created a RAID-1
> with/dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb1.  But on reboot, the RAID array is not
> recognised.  Partition types are fd.  Any ideas?
Qouting from /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid "Start any arrays which are
described in/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf and which are not running already."

try this (asuming you are using mdadmin and not raidtools)

ps: if you have md & the raid module (0,1,5) compiled in and not as
module the raid seems to be started by the kernel...at least for me

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>