Re: raid on bootup

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 10:14, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a system booting off /dev/hdc.  I've just created a RAID-1 with
> /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb1.  But on reboot, the RAID array is not
> recognised.  Partition types are fd.  Any ideas?
>
> large:~# mount /dev/md0 /mnt
> mount: error while guessing filesystem type
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type

You need to tell mount what the file system type is (ext2, ext3, reiserfs,
etc.) if you don't have a line in your /etc/fstab.  Please post the
relevant lines of your fstab.  Otherwise, use -t to tell mount what type of
filesystem to mount.

> large:~# cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities :
> unused devices: <none>
> large:~#

OK, so you've got the raid drivers loaded, but no raid devices defined.
Please post the contents of /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

> large:~# ps ax |grep md
>   444 tty3     S      0:00 man mdadm.conf
>   576 ?        S      0:00 /sbin/mdadm -F -m root
>   586 pts/0    S      0:00 grep md
> large:~#

I'm not really sure what the above shows.
It doesn't seem like you want to boot off your raid array.  Is that correct?

Justin Guerin