Re: raid on bootup

Ciaran Johnston said:
> Antony Gelberg said:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got a system booting off /dev/hdc.  I've just created a RAID-1
>> with /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdb1.  But on reboot, the RAID array is not
>> recognised.  Partition types are fd.  Any ideas?
>
> Are the partition types set to "Linux raid autodetect"? Check that the
> last line of the partition table says this, specifically. Otherwise I
> think you need to do a raidstart to get the raid daemon to start.

Actually looking at it again, fd is the right partition type for raid
autodetect. My bad.

I think you might need to have an entry in your /etc/fstab in order for
the kernel to load the module on startup. Otherwise the raid driver will
not get started until you run raidstart (or mdadm --assemble which appears
to do the same thing).

/Ciaran.