Re: 2.6 LVM problem

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 08:49:43PM -0400, Kirill Lapshin wrote:
Actually it works automagically, just install lvm2 and you are fine. I did it just this past weekend -- installed debian sarge from scratch

Here it didn't work. It was a woody installation, upgraded to testing.
lvm10 and lvm2 are installed. 2.6.5 didn't find the lvm partitions
(lvm support in kernel).

using beta4 installer, with kernel 2.4, configured lvm, installed lvm2 package, compiled kernel 2.6.5, rebooted.. and lvm came up just fine. If

Here not. Maybe because my 2.4 kernel doesn't have the device mapper
patches?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--