Re: D-Link 530TX Problem!! [Solved]

Kaveh Gh wrote:

added:

alias eth0 rhinefet

into /etc/modules.conf. Then issued:

modprobe rhinefet :)

Everything was good.

Yea! I'm glad you got it working. But you should know that you shouldn't directly modify /etc/modules.conf. You can lose your settings on a future upgrade, and by then you'll have forgotten enough of this episode to not be able to easily figure out why your network suddenly died.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about modutils to tell you where to put this setting, but I know enough to know that it doesn't go directly into /etc/modules.conf. Maybe /etc/modutils/aliases?

--
Kent