Re: Need Help

On Monday 10 May 2004 05:01, DaMoZ 666 wrote:
> Hello.
> I have a problem. After i successfully install debian, it comes up with a
> debian login but its in a DOS sort of thing. I would like to know how to
> switch to the graphic user-interface. Thank you for your time.

Welcome!

Have you tried logging on - giving the username you set up, followed when
prompted by the password?  That should give you a command prompt - a string
of some sort with a $ at the end and a cursor.  Give the command 'startx'.
In all probability you will be taken to a GUI similar to the windozey things
you have seen before.  If it doesn't, tell us what happened, giving exact
error messages.

HTH
--
richard