Re: Need Help

On Monday 10 May 2004 10:01, DaMoZ 666 wrote:
> I have a problem. After i successfully install debian, it comes up with
> a debian login but its in a DOS sort of thing. I would like to know how
> to switch to the graphic user-interface. Thank you for your time.

Did you choose a graphical user interface during the installer?  Common
options would be Gnome or KDE.  You will need to have X correctly
installed and configured before you can run a GUI.

To log in at the command line, most often called a "shell", use the
username "root" and whatever password you set during the install.

David