Re: No access but root

Pritpal Dhaliwal had the gall to say:
> no one else has a clue?
>
> come on guys ( and girls).. its the debian users list.. If I wanted to
> start doing fresh install when things get messed up.. I could stick to
> windows...
>
> help me out please

Please remember you're talking to /volunteers/ here.  Also, please learn
not to put your replies at the top of email.

As to your problem, I believe you've hit the fact that, if a script file
does an action that is not permitted, then the individual line that
causes the problem is not automatically echoed (giving you a clue about
how to debug it) but instead just says

"bash: <scriptname>: <error message>".

In other words, I believe that your problem is caused by a line /inside/
/etc/bash.bashrc, not the permissions on the file itself.

Have a look through, and see if there's anything that you wouldn't
expect a normal user to be able to do.

As a last resort (you /should/ be able to fix this!) post the contents
of the file here for people to look at.

Cheers,
Jonathan