Re: mistakes in deb of mozilla-ctxextensions?

On Fri, 07 May 2004 21:53:21 -0400
"H. S." <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to remove mozilla-ctxextensions. I have tried to do this
> with dselect, apt-get and with dpkg, but I am getting the following
> error:# dpkg -P mozilla-ctxextensions
> (Reading database ... 152733 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing mozilla-ctxextensions ...
> Updating mozilla chrome registry...done.
> Updating mozilla-firefox chrome registry...done.
> Purging configuration files for mozilla-ctxextensions ...
> postrm called with unknown argument `purge'
> dpkg: error processing mozilla-ctxextensions (--purge):
>   subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
>   mozilla-ctxextensions
>

> Is something wrong with the package?

You didn't say what version you were trying to install.
However, I went to http://packages.debian.org/ , looked up the package
"mozilla-ctxextensions", and clicked on the link to give me its buglist.
There I saw that a bug has been filed about this, and that it should be
fixed at this point.  If you're trying to install 3.1.2004033001-2 --
the version which should be fixed, according to the bug report I found
by doing the above --  and you're getting this problem. you might
want to re-open the bug.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)