Re: Aging commercial binaries on Sarge

Helgi Laxdal wrote:
> Hy there i'm running Debian Sarge kernel 2.6.5 on my Xeon box at work,
> [...]
> The error we get is "rush start: /usr/local/rush/bin/rushd: error while
> object file: No such file or directory"

  apt-get update
  apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1

That package exists in woody.  But it appears to have been dropped
from sarge.  You can download the woody version and install it on your
sarge box without trouble.  The packages page is probably the easiest
way to get it without modifying your sources.list file.

  http://packages.debian.org/stable/oldlibs/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1

Bob