Re: cdrecord error

 --- Peter Rohrman <pete@peterohrman.com> wrote:

> TUGGY:/home/pete/cobalt# cdrecord -scanbus
> Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jrg Schilling
> cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
> cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
> are
> root.
> TUGGY:/home/pete/cobalt#

You need to ensure that the module "ide-scsi" is loaded, and that your
CDRW drive is able to make use of it. For lilo, you can add:

append="ide-scsi=/dev/XXX"

where /dev/XXX is the device of your CDRW drive. Then don't forget to run
"lilo". If you're using GRUB, you'll need to edit the /vmlinuz line such
that:

/vmlinuz ide-scsi=/dev/XXX

Then reboot.

-- Thomas Adam