Supercilious replies and I really do want your help

Hi
I sent the following message

Will some one please suggest a suitable ALSA sound driver package for Linux
release 2.4.24.xfs. The card is described as fm801.

So far I've recieved one reply. This was both supercilious and patronising. I
have noticed that I'm not the only one to be on the recieving end of such
treatment.  Please understand  that some of your fellow Debianians are new to
the OS and are in need of real help and encouragement, not put downs. Please
look into your hearts and help us new commers to learn about Linux.

Almost dis heartened

Fish

PS To David Clymer I had already seached Google using many combos. Non have
worked.