Re: kernel upgrading basically ok now

 --- jack kinnon <jackkinnon@yahoo.com> wrote: > HI
> 1. The ttyS0 error is still around. The full error msg is:
> modprobe: FATAL: error running install command for serial /dev/ttyS0: no
> such device.

Ensure that you have 8250 serial support in your kernel:

> 2. Msg in syslog:
> No module symbols loaded - kernel modules not enabled.
> There are several questions in Yahoo search on this but no answers.

You probably don't have "Loadable kernel module support" selected under
"General Options" from 'make menucongig'.

-- Thomas Adam

"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"

Chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the
FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/