Re: No sound when playing games

On Thursday 06 May 2004 13:41, tiresias wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 18:28, Justin Guerin wrote:
> > On Saturday 01 May 2004 12:28, tiresias wrote:
[snip]
> > Do you know how the game tries to access the sound card?  That is, what
> > library does it use?
>
> No, I don't know, how can I find out?

The only way I know how to check is to look at the library dependencies of
the package.  Otherwise, you'd have to check the source code.  You probably
could use strace to see what libraries get loaded if the dependencies don't
tell you, but I've no experience with strace, so I can't offer any advice
on how to use it.

> > If it uses SDL, you might check to see that you've
> > got the proper SDL library installed.
>
> I have tried to install libSDL with each and every option, but still no
> result.
>
> Thanks for trying! :-)
>
> Regards,
> Lars Tobias Borsting