Re: printer queue immortal - help!

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 10:38, Ilkka Poutanen wrote:
> > On Sunday 02 May 2004 14:56, Pigeon wrote:
> >> On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 12:52:57PM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]
> >> ps ax, find the processes doing the printing and kill -9 them.
>
> Any chance that the printer has non-volatile memory where that job is
> cached?

I suspected this at first, but the printing is only when the centronix cable
is attached and the computer up and running cupsd and lpd.  I've solved the
problem now, as suggested by Benjamin, by turning off the printer and
unplugging it from the centronix cable, removing the printer on whose queue
the job was set up, restarting the two daemons (cupsd and lpd), reinstalling
the printer, restarting the daemons again, then re-attaching the printer.

I even managed to "correct" the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf by copying one that kde
had _not_ configured so that the printer is working as intended and
accessible from anywhere on the network.  So, panic over.  On to the next
one...

And thanks again, to all.

--
richard

PS (OT) How to get kmail to stop making "helpful" comments?  It complains I
haven't attached anything to this email simply because I used the word
"attaching" in the body...