Re: Massive increase of spam on debian-*@l.d.o

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 11:49:20PM -0700, William Ballard wrote:
> filter the spam?  and do Bayesian filtering myself on mail I get from
> the lists?  I think I read that so far only Bayesian filtering works and

You know what might be nifty is collaberative Bayesian filtering.
Several sources could "share the load" of Bayesian filtering and
distribut the lists of "bad" message IDs via peer to peer.  Since the
mails are broadcast, you could get a big payoff.

We don't need to read the mail right away, we could wait till the
"community" processes it a bit.