Re: sarge?

On Monday 03 May 2004 09:32, Curt Howland was heard to say:
> I have used the Woody mini-CD net install with the last two
> machines on which I've installed Debian. Both systems are running
> Sid without problems, and I expect it would have as easily
> installed Sarge had that been where I pointed /etc/apt/sources.list
> by hand.

Sorry, let me rephrase that. I went looking at the install CD images
just now, and realized that the exceedingly small 10MB "netinst"
images were not what I meant. I have used the 30-40MB mini-CD image,
which allows a functional, running installation to be completed
without downloading anything from the network first.

Edit sources.list to replace "woody" with "unstable", run apt-get
update, and wa-la.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001