Re: Changing the language of GDM

Ken Bloom wrote:

You restarted GDM as root exactly once, without rebooting your computer,
etc... between then and asking your question. Correct?

GDM was still remembering the old locale settings before you restarted it
as root, and when you restarted it as root that made it switch to the new
locale settings. From now on, it should choose Swedish correctly because
that's going to be the locale when it starts.

Nope. No, that wasn't it. Did restart; several times as a matter of fact. (Actually it's been a week or so since I made the changes. I just recently got tired of seeing it in English when it should be easy enough to get it in Swedish.)

Thanks Brian. Seems it wasn't just me missing something. ;) (Except to search through bug-reports, that is ...) By looking into those bug-reports you mentioned I found a suggested workaround: adding language-parameters to /etc/init.d/gdm. Now it works; gdm shows up right from the start in Swedish.

Kristian