Re: To mbox or not, that is the question!

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 02:53:07PM -0000, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> (For my mail, the first thing procmail does after dropping swen messages
> is to make a copy to a backup mailbox.  Then procmail and tmda do all of
> their processing.  That way, if I write a really stupid rule that
> deletes all of my mail, I still have it somewhere.  The backup mailbox
> is managed using logrotate so that it doesn't get too huge ... and I
> suspect that doing the logrotate thing using maildir would be
> non-trivial, although I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.)

logrotate your email files?  Never thought of that.  You don't mind
a robot sweeping out old emails unceremoniously after N units of time?
Don't get me wrong.  I think that's a Good Thing.  I hang on to every-
thing (well not list traffic).

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.