status = 0 errno 0

Hi,
I already asked this on the german "users"-list (and devel, where I
seemed rather offtopic - sorry for that), but nobody seemed
to have an answer (just like everyone else I asked before):
After my hdd-crash 3 weeks before my provider reinstalled a standard
debian woody image and I restored the backups.
Before that crash I was using colobus (perl nntp-server,
http://trainedmonkey.com/colobus/) on woody for about 1,5 years.
After restoring the backups I started the services, and now colobus
always displays "status = 0 errno 0" when started and when a user
connects. Clients don't like that and quit with an error message.
I already asked the colobus developer, but he also doesn't know where
this message comes from as it's not part of the colobus sourcecode.
For testing I installed perl 5.8.3, but it's the same result.
I also tried to reproduce it on my local system (gentoo), but here it
just works. A snippet of strace-output is here:
http://kenzo.homelinux.org/strace.txt
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

J. Kendzorra