sasl2 error: no version information available

I have configured postfix-tls and installed cyrus-sasl libs. saslauthd
starts but gives the following error. I tried purging the sasl libs and
installing again in case it were a config problem but it still persists
and I'm unable to use postfix-tls due to this.

Next, I just installed apache php modules and it autoinstalled ssl-cert
and told me to run the command "apache2ctl graceful". Running the
command, I get the same error:

/usr/sbin/apache2: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libldap.so.2)

What do I need to do to get sasl working?

Regards,
Deboo