Re: [debian-user] Wireless Optical Mouse (MS brand-ish)

On 2004-04-28T13:27:57-0300 (Wednesday), Broughton, Derek wrote:
> Tobias Wolter wrote:
> > Has anyone got a clue about what ingredientes  I need to have for the
> > appropriate satanic ritual, or at least a tip regarding how I am sup-
> > posed to get the USB mouse driver to listen to the mouse movements on
> > the receiver?
> Do you load "hid" in /etc/modules?  I have just the USB Wireless
> mouse and have to do that. I have no idea _why_ it's necessary,
> If I leave it out, hotplug successfully inserts all the correct
> modules, but only unplugging the mouse and removing the modules
> ('rmmod mousedev usbmouse hiddev hid', iirc) and reinserting hid
> first, then plugging in the mouse, seemed to fix it.

Yes, hid got loaded first off, and, astonishingly:
| input: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Microsoft Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop® 1.00] on usb2:3.1

Hath been found in the dmesg report. But when when I kick in all the
other modules, ergo mousedev and usbmouse, it just won't work. As if
the kernel won't bother to route the mouse to /dev/input/mice.

> Failing that, the ritual requires at least the blood of a
> cockatrice to go with the more mundane "eye of newt" ...

Just have a lizard corpse and gauntlets with you, it shouldn't prove
a problem, then.
--
Mister Teatime had a truly brilliant mind, but it was brilliant like a frac-
tured mirror, all marvellous facets and rainbows but, ultimately, also some-