Re: To mbox or not, that is the question! (fwd)

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 02:35:32PM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
<snip>

> Alright, so I'll take a quick look through muttrc(5) for you ... ...
> In your .muttrc put this line :
>     set mask=""
> Now, in the *file browser* mutt won't hide dotfiles.  (I suspect
> that's what you are referring to above, the file browser)  Note that
> that affects the *file browser* only, not whether or not mutt is
> capable of reading and writing and in general using the mail folder.

That solves that mystery...and raises some new questions.

1. What the heck does this mean anyway: "!^\.[^.]"? (the default value
   of mask)
2. What's the alternative to the file browser?

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.