Re: New Kernel, and I can't connect to the internet

 --- Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de> wrote:

> called tap0, which seems to grab the default route. The DSL-Connection

Blimey! tap is an old old old interface mechanism. I am surprised it is
even used except on aging interfaces.

> is
> established, but I can't even ping someone. When I remove the tap0
> alias,
> there is a interface called sl0, which does the same as tap0. When I
> reboot
> to bf24, it is as it was before the update.
> Any hints?

Check your /etc/network/interfaces file. I suspect though that you have
neglected to compile in PPP support for 2.6.X or you are not loading the
correct module.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net