New Kernel, and I can't connect to the internet

Hi,
today I made on my server an Update from bf24-kernel to a regular 2.4.18.
After this update, have some problems. There is a module loaded, called tap0,
which is an alias for ethertap. With ifconfig and route I see a new interface
called tap0, which seems to grab the default route. The DSL-Connection is
established, but I can't even ping someone. When I remove the tap0 alias,
there is a interface called sl0, which does the same as tap0. When I reboot
to bf24, it is as it was before the update.
Any hints?

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr