Re: To mbox or not, that is the question! (fwd)

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:37:17PM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:

> I'm puzzled.  I have tried creating sub-"folders" in kmail, both as mbox
> and as maildir.  I also tried manually creating subdirectories.  The
> results I seemed to get were:
>  - Kmail can't see the manually produced subdirecctories.
>  - Mutt can see them but only when no mail in either format is
>    present in the directory.
>
> I guess I did something wrong.

No probably not - although I haven't experimented with this myself prior
to posting (too tired); as I remember you can still access subdir'd
maildirs. After all, your Mail/foo are $HOME/Mail/foo, so
$HOME/Mail/blah/foo isn't any different,

provided blah isn't a Maildir itself, at least.

But even then, as I remember, c ~/Mail/blah/foo <enter> worked for me.

You're perhaps correct in noticing that mutt won't offer up subdirs in
this fashion through its menus, or with = shortcuts.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/