Re: How to run GUI application by telnet ?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:09:14AM +0800, LIU Ning wrote:
> Thanks a lot Bill. That works.
> I have another problem, would you like to help more? :)
>
> I installed GDM yesterday and I found I can use GDM XDMCP chooser to
> login the Sparc workstation, but only in a separate tty and in
> full-screen mode.  When I run " GDM flexiserver in Xnest ",i.e.
> "/usr/bin/gdmflexiserver -n", and select XDMCP chooser from GDM login
> screen, Xnest window closed and exit.  How can I login the remote
> workstation in Xnest?
> (I am in Debian unstable, and all installed packages were downloaded
> from Debian official site.)
> Thank you so much.

Are you launching this program from a terminal, or from your
window-managers menu? If the terminal, what output (if any) is
generated?

if menu, try from a terminal to check error messages.

Failing that, try the raw 'X -query..' command given earlier, replacing
'X' with 'Xnest'.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/