Upgraded a "testing" machine, sound became skippy

I just ran "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" on a machine with a
"testing" distribution on it, and all sounds now sound "skippy."

If I play any .wav or .mp3 through Noatun, Kaboodle or Juk, it will sound
skippy, as if everything is being played through the sound card with the
wrong sampling rate set.

Everything sounded fine right before the "apt-get upgrade."  The last time I
have done "apt-get upgrade" prior to this was no more than a couple weeks
ago.

Kernel: 2.4.25 self-compiled kernel that was compiled quite awhile ago.

Desktop: KDE 3.2.2

Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235 AC97 Audio
Controller (rev 80).

Can anyone help?  Does anyone know where I should report this?

	Sean O'Dell