Re: colorscheme for vim in console

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 06:52:42PM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:
> I'm looking for a colorscheme for my xterm+vim combination which has not
> the same contrast as black background and white foreground fonts.
> I tried some colorschemes, but they only work well with gvim.

I hacked together an X resources file that modifies xterm colours so
that a _default configuration of vim_ resembles the gvim Zenburn colour
scheme: http://jon.dowland.name/unix/zenburn.xresources

$ xrdb -merge <file>
$ xterm -name zenburn -e vim

> googling a bit around, I tried to set my xterm with other colors, but
> this breaks the colors in other programs (eg. mutt), which is not what I want.

Yeah, although it does give you more flexibility. Its a trade-off. By
using the name-technique above, you can dedicate specific xterm
instances though.

I've never played around with a 256 colour xterm, although I would like
to see that.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/