Re: Is there a complete log to the bootup messages?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 11:37:44AM +0200, Niels L. Ellegaard wrote:
> PS: I never understood why is bootlogd turned of by default. In case
> some big guru is reading this, I would be grateful for a pointer to an
> explanation. :)

Gurus become gurus by reading. :) See the sysvinit changelog.

sysvinit (2.85-8) unstable; urgency=low

  [...]
  * Do not run bootlogd by default - it's a bit to experimental for
    the "stable" release. Can be turned on manually (closes: #217582)
  [...]

 -- Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>  Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:11:20 +0100

Cheers,