Re: Sound problem: ALSA + emu10k not working

Brian Saghy wrote
<snip>
> could not be found.  However, the emu10k1_gp module is still loaded,
> though I would probably prefer that it is not. I have no idea where to
> go about turning that module load off, discover is currently removed
> from my system, but hotplug is installed. What do I need to change in
> the config files so that it loads usb and such, but not my soundcard?

Take a look at the file /etc/hotplug/blacklist  It's pretty self
explanatory.  I found this while struggling with a troublesome module a
while back - turned out both discover *and* hotplug were loading modules.
Finally figured out the config file to skip the module in question.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.