Re: Wireless PCI Adaptors - hidden

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 08:30:47PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> - easiest solution
> 	- look at your buddy's setup .... and get that pci/pcmcia card
> 	( not your windoze buddies but linux buddies :-)

Easiest solution (for me):  keep using my perfectly good ethernet
card, and add a Motorola wireless bridge (WE800G), which not only
works with Linux but advertises that fact on its box, and whose tech
support folks were able to answer Linux questions (and the guy I
talked to in fact runs Linux himself).

Only problem:  the config tool doesn't work with the current Firefox.
Fine with Konqueror.
--
Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum