Re: Wireless PCI Adaptors

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 09:26, Alvin Oga wrote:
> hi ya glenn
>

> have fun seeing which pci/pcmcia card you can get locally ..
> 	- you'd need to know which chipset is on the wireless card

I just got back from the computer computer swap meet.  The only card
that I could find there that was on this list:

http://tinyurl.com/2s7w3

was a card with the Realtek RTL8180L chipset (webexcel).  They are up to
version 1.5 for this driver so it might be the go.

There are two versions of the driver on the realtek website:

- Linux kernel 2.4.18 (gcc version 2.96)
- Linux kernel 2.4.20 (gcc version 3.2.2)

will it be possible to use either of these if I am running
debian/testing which the version of gcc is 3.3.3-2.

The vendor let me open the box of the netgear wg311 card.  I was
disapointed to find that the entire circuit board was enclosed in a
metal box, thus preventing chipset identification.