Re: gnome calendar??

on Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:13:49PM -0600, Benjamin Weste Pearre (bwpearre@alumni.princeton.edu) wrote:
> No-one's maintaining ical these days, so I guess it's time for me to
> move on.  But please tell me -- what package do I need to install (I'm
> running unstable) in order to get gnome-calendar?  My faltering
> attempts with google suggest gnome-utils, but no joy there.  Do I have
> to actually _compile_ something???  Surely this is not the Debian Way!
> ;)

Jon Corbet of LWN posted a recent review of calendaring apps, recommend
you take a look at it.

    http://lwn.net/Articles/74814/

Jon's *also* an ical fan, but also notes it's pretty much dead.  His
best picks were the KDE calendar, KOrganizer.  From what I've seen of
the field, I think it's about the best there is myself, though I largely
use my Handpring and JPilot.

Peace.

    My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still, My father
    does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will, The ship is anchor'd
    safe and sound, its voyage closed and done, From fearful trip the
    victor ship comes in with object won.
    - Walt Whitman