Re: Newbie to SID: How to install the previous version of a package ?

Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com> writes:

> Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>>Sylvain Vedrenne <sylvain.vedrenne@free.fr> writes:
>>

>>>How to install the previous version of a package ?
>>>

>>If you need to ask this question, you should *NOT* be running sid.
>>

> I disagree.  I've been running sid for almost 2 years now and even
> though I realized I knew the answer to that question after I saw the
> answer I probably don't know the answer to quite a few similar
> questions.

OK, but my point is that it's a prerequisite that you need to be a
fairly experienced Debian user to use sid.  That means having at least
decent, working knowledge of the packaging system.  If you don't have
that, you're probably far better off running stable and using
backports as desired.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>