Re: Router No Longer Routes

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 22:19, Scarletdown wrote:

> I'm at a total loss as to how to get this working properly again.  Any
> suggestions, other than putting the old Win-98SE drive back in until I
> can investigate this more thoroughly?

Well, for starters, perhaps you can provide some specifics regarding
your router's setup.

Are you using some firewall package (shorewall, perhaps?)? If so, how do
you have it configured? Did you write your own iptables rules? If so,
what are they? Can your internal machines ping the router? Could they
ever? Can an internal host ping an external host (www.google.com, for
example) by IP address rather than using a hostname? etc, etc.

-davidc