Re: Multiple sound cards and hotplug.

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:20:33 -0700
Scott Robinson <scott@tranzoa.com> wrote:

> In Windows, the order really isn't an issue because I can set a
> preferred sound card. Perhaps there is a way of doing that in ALSA/OSS
> emulation?
Well, what about blacklist them all and then configure them with the old
alsa start up scripts, like you did with the old 2.4 kernel
that way you should be able to control which card is witch in the
enummeration...
the other thing: i don't know about udev or devfs, but with oldstyle
static device files, /dev/dsp is just a symlink to /dev/dsp0

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>